The recent economic problems are pretty simple at root. The president elect promised change, and higher taxation for successful investment. People with savings and investment are panicked! They are sure change, i.e. "upheaval," is coming. The economy slumped because of this. The best medicine is to make no change, no government meddling interference, and wait. Things got worse in a hurry. Overcoming panic and restoring confidence that the government means no malice will take a long while.
Will Americans wait? Or will they insist the politicians screw it up more? Things don't look good. Obama and the rest of the politicians have already announced the intention spend $775 Billion on more bailout for their buddies (The "Economic Stimulus Package"). That's $2000 more from each of us for the politicians' pals and hacks.
For those who haven't read the book, here is a summary of George Orwell's Animal Farm.
The Seven Commandments
1. Whatever goes upon 2 legs is an enemy.
2. Whatever goes upon four legs, or has wings, is a friend.
3. No animal shall wear clothes.
4. No animal shall sleep in a bed.
5. No animal shall drink alcohol.
6. No animal shall kill any other animal.
7. All animals are equal.
Edited Five Commandments of Animalism:
1. No animal shall sleep in a bed with sheets.
2. No animal shall drink alcohol to excess.
3. Four legs good, two legs better!
4. No animal shall kill another animal without cause.
5. All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.
The Summary Commandment, "Four legs good, two legs bad!" as constantly bleated by the sheep, was changed to "Four legs good, two legs better!" as the pigs became more politically correct.
This dreariness will become more familiar as this year drags on.